The JRES will take place from Tuesday the 14th to Friday the 17th of November 2017 at the “Cité des Congrès” venue in the coastal city of Nantes, France;
|Tuesday 14 th||10:00 : Trade stands and demonstration area opens
11:30 : Welcome lunch buffet
13:45 : Opening Plenary
16:30 -> 19 :15 : Parallel sessions, Industrial partner sessions
|Wednesday 15 th||8:45 to 18:15 : Parallel sessions, Lightning talks, BOF, Industrial partners sessions
19:30 : Gala Dinner
|Thursday 17 th||8:45 to 18:15 : Parallel sessions, Lightning talks, BOF, Industrial partner sessions|
|Friday 18 th||8:45 to 10:15 : Parallel sessions
11:00 : Closing Plenary
13:00 : Closing buffet
You are strongly advised to book hotel rooms in advance.
- A dedicated hotel accommodation web agent is available. It allows you access to a choice of ACCOR hotels based on precise research criteria.
- For group reservations of more than 10 rooms, our expert in the hotel industry will be pleased to help you through your research : Gwénaelle VALOT:email@example.com
- Nantes tourist information office can also help you to find a hotel: http://www.nantes-tourisme.com/en/sleep. The Tab “Localisation » indicates nearby public transport lines.
Please note that it is preferable to book a hotel close to Tramway line #1 or Busway line #4 (See Nantes public transport system below).
Getting There :https://lacite-nantes.fr/infos-pratiques/acces-cite.html
Access to the city in Nantes by transport
Nantes Atlantique airport is less than 15km from the Venue “Le Cité”
- 26 regular companies fly to Nantes : http://www.nantes.aeroport.fr/destinations/liste
- Direct flights to and from more than 20 French towns and cities and more than 40 international destinations.
- 4 daily flights to Paris-Orly an Paris Roissy Charles-de-Gaulle
For more information: http://www.nantes.aeroport.fr/
Airport shuttle bus information: http://www.nantes.aeroport.fr/acces/navettes
- Shuttle bus leaves every 30 minutes in front of departure Hall 1 with a 20 minute journey to the Venue.
- Alight from the shuttle bus at the « Cité des Congrès » stop.
- Tickets for sale on the shuttle bus. Price 8€50. Tickets valid for 1 hour on the shuttle bus, Nantes bus and tram lines and the urban train system.
National motorways and roads converge at the Nantes ring-road (N844):
- Arriving from the East, A11 motorway from Paris
- Arriving from the South, A83 motorway from Bordeaux and Toulouse
- Arriving from the West, the N165 / E60 from Brest
- Arriving from the North, the N137 from Rennes
Download map giving directions from the ring-road to the Venue: http://www.lacite-nantes.fr/v3_dossiers/dossier_2/Plan_acces_LaCite_Nantes_Events_Center.pdf
Car parking: 450 spaces at carpark « La Cité ». 2000 places available in the surrounding carparks.
GPS coordinates: La Cité : Latitude: 47.2133546 / Longitude: -1.5442764
A self-service car share programme “Marguerite” is available in Nantes. For 1 hour you can hire a car from the different stations in and around town. A station « Cité des Congrès » can be found at the Venue.
More information: https://www.imarguerite.com/
Nantes’ mainline rail station located in the town centre. It is then only a 5 minutes walk to the Venue « La Cité des Congrès ».
Exit the station “sortie Sud” and then follow « Quai de Malakoff » then « Quai Ferdinand Favre ». The Venue is on your right.
Nantes public transport system
Which line and where to get off
- Tramway line #1 : « Duchesse Anne - Château des Ducs de Bretagne »
- Busway line #4 « Cité Internationale des Congrès ».
- Self-service bike « Bicloo » station stops at the foot of te Cité
- Bicloo self-service: bike rental in the agglomeration of Nantes, at any time. For a walk in the agglomeration, join the city Nantes Events Center or the tram from your hotel, Bicloo allows you to rent a bike, freely, 7/7, 24/24. A 3-day ticket is available for € 3 to be purchased from Nantes Tourisme. 79 stations are at your disposal throughout the agglomeration.
- Download or visualize interactive transport map: https://www.tan.fr/fr/menu/se-deplacer/tan/plans/
Each participant will receive a Nantes transport system Pass valid for the duration of the JRES.
- Hep Taxis Nantes : 02 53 35 38 58
- Taxis Nantes Centre : 07 61 84 44 18
AIR FRANCE discounts
To benefit on negotiated tariffs on Air France and KLM Global Meetings, go to http://www.airfrance.fr/FR/fr/local/www_airfranceklm-globalmeetings_com.... using the congress code: 29696AF
Valid from 09/11/17 to 22/11/17
French rail discounts (SNCF)
A discount voucher may be obtained when you register to the event.
The voucher allows you a 20% discount on all French rail lines when presented at SNCF stations or agencies. The reduction is not applicable for Internet reservations.
The voucher will be sent free of charge to the postal address given during registration.
Conditions for obtaining discount:
Upon presentation, in a SNCF rail station or in a travel agency, the discount voucher will allow a return trip rail ticket at the congress special rate.
A 20% discount on 1st and 2nd class tickets, valid on all SNCF lines, except Paris regional lines, on:
- Full fares on TGV trains
- Full fare excepting options on all other trains
The ticket is valid for a duration of 15 days and must include at least one day of the dates of JRES
You can use the coupon:
- In all TGV trains, excepting overnight trains,
- Téoz trains and intercity day and overnight trains, subject to availability.
The ticket is only valid on the train you have reserved.
The coupon should be stamped (composté) and joined with the ticket.
All pratical information from A to W...
Adress of the event
La Cité Nantes Events Center - 5, rue de Valmy - 44000 Nantes
App for smartphones and tablets
The JRES 2017 app is available for Android, iOS and Windows Phone. it provides all information about the program, authors, contributions, exhibitors, maps of the City Nantes Events Center as well as shortcuts to JRES Facebook and Twitter pages. It geolocates sessions and exhibitor stands. Finally, it proposes the fonction "My visit" which notes and reminds you of the sessions, articles, authors, exhibitors you choose.
The nearest ATM is in front of the "Cité des Congrès" bus stop.
Badges / Security
An ID will be required at the reception to collect your badge.
For the duration of the congress, the wearing of the badge is absolutely obligatory for access to all the conference rooms, meetings and exhibition areas. The badge is required for each entrance to the City Nantes Events Center. It allows you to move freely in the building. It is also essential to access the evening of the JRES.
In case of loss, it is essential to contact hostesses quickly.
Cloakroom: level - 1, Foyer 2000, near the reception ou Grande Galerie
A cloakroom is available at level -1, in the "Foyer 2000", near the reception or in the "Grande Gallerie". It is accessible during opening hours of the reception.
Commitee Offices: level 0, rooms B and C
Computer zone: level -1, Grande Galerie
Self-service stations are available at Level -1 in the Grande Halle. Their use is possible at any time by authenticating themselves with the JRES 2017 Individual Access to IT Resources account, which is allocated to each conference delegate for the duration of the congress.
Conference Room - Program Sessions
- Auditorium 2000: level -1
- Auditorium 800: level -1
- Auditorium 450: level 2
- Salle 300: level 0
E-poster terminals: level -1, Grande Galerie
The posters are also available on the interactive terminals located at level -1, Grande Galerie
Exhibition: level 0, Grande Halle
The JRES 2017 professional exhibition takes place in the City Nantes Events Center, at level 0, in the "Grande Halle".
- Tuesday, November 14th: from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 15th: from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm
- Thursday, November 16th: from 8.30 am to 8:00 pm
- Friday, November 17th : 08:30 am to 14:30 pm
The found objects must be returned to the reception at level -1 (Foyer 2000), which is also available to you in case of loss of objects.
Health - Security
- Medical emergencies / Samu: 15
- National Police: 17
- Firefighters: 18 ou 112
- SOS Doctors: 02 40 50 30 30
- Municipal Police: 02 40 41 95 30
- The guards of health professionals:
- Doctors / dentists: call the Samu : 15
- On-call pharmacies : call le 32 37 (Voice server)
"Industrial" session room
- Room F : level 0, Foyer Bas
- Rooms 200, G, H, I : level 2, Foyer Haut
- Rooms J, K, L, M, N : level 4, Foyer Haut
Informations: level - 1, Foyer 2000
Throughout the event, an information desk is open for any request. The JRES's reception is at level -1, in the Foyer 2000.
Opening hours of the reception:
- Tuesday November 14th: from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Wednesday November 15th: from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm
- Thursday November 16th: from 8:30 to 8:00 pm
- Friday November 17th: from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm
The evening JRES takes place Wednesday, November 15th, 2017 at "Les machines de l'île" from 19:30. Plan warm clothes!
Address: Parc des Chantiers - Boulevard Léon Office - 44200 NANTES
In the program:
- Visit of the workshops
- Mediations in the Machine Gallery
- Machine Demonstration
To get from The city Nantes Events center to "Les machines de l'île", you can use public transport. From the city:
- walk 5 minutes to the stop "Duchesse Anne-Château"
- at the "Duchesse Anne-Château" stop, take the tram line 1 (direction: François Mitterand / Jamet);
- get off at the "Chantiers Navals" stop.
Last trams stop at "Chantiers Navals" line 1, direction Beaujoire / Ranzay at 23:24, 23:54, 00:24, 00:54
Lunch: level 0, Grande Halle et level 2
Lunches are included in the JRES registration fees: Lunch Cocktails on Tuesday, November 14 and Friday, November 17, dinner on Wednesday, November 15 and Thursday, November 16.
The lunch areas are located:
- in R0 space (level 0);
- breakfast areas (level 0, "Grande Halle");
- Mezzanine (niveau 2) ;
- Espace R2 (niveau 2)
Coffee breaks are also planned on the exhibition spaces.
Luggage storage will be available to participants in the cloakroom from 14 to 17 November 2017.
Map of the city Nantes Events Center
A souvenir shop with local products will be present on Thursday at Foyer 2000 (level -1).
A Pass Transport given to the conference delegates at the reception with your badge.
Power Zone : Level -1, Grande Galerie and level 2, Foyer haut
Charging stations are available in the cloakroom to recharge your computer, phone and tablet: you can leave your devices against a deposit ticket.
A free space with charging jacks is also available in Level 2 "Foyer Haut" to charge your electronic devices under your own supervision.
"Preview" room for the authors: level 0, room 150
A Preview Room is reserved for authors Level 0 in Room 150 in the "Foyer Bas". All authors must present themselves in this room in order to deposit, check and possibly correct their presentation at least 2 hours before their session.
Opening hours of the room Preview:
- Tuesday, November 14th: from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 15th: from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm
- Thursday, November 16th: from 8.30 am to 8 pm
- Friday, November 17th: from 8.30 am to 1 pm
A multi-function B / W printer is available near computers in the Computer Zone.
A relaxation area is located in Level 2, in "Foyer Haut".
Space Posters: level -1, Foyer 2000
Posters are posted throughout the Congress at level -1, in "Foyer 2000", near the reception.
A stand at the tourist office will be installed at level -1, at Foyer 2000. A hostess can inform you during a permanence on Thursday afternoon.
TV Tray and VIP lounge : level 1, Espace Atlantique
Videoconferencing: level 0, Foyer Bas
2 meeting rooms equipped with videoconferencing systems are available to conference delegates at level 0, in room D and E, located in Foyer Bas, for the duration of the JRES. Access by reservation from the hostesses at the reception of the congress.
Two possibilities to connect to RENATER / internet:
- Wi-Fi access in "La Cité Nantes Events Center", in all the conference rooms, the exhibition areas, as well as in the restaurant and leisure areas. Log in to eduroam using your usual credentials or individual credentials on your badge.
- access through the self-service stations on the Computer Zone in the dedicated area, level -1, Grande Gallerie.